We got a skip.
Becky and I, and an enthusiastic (likes outdoor work) and motivated (girlfriend just arrived in town from down south and she was a bit annoyed about him working today, so he was working fast) student-on-holiday-from-Otago-University (good qualification there in our opinion), filled the bin in just four and a half hours today.
I was about to launch into a full-on primate howl of triumph, but Becky snapped it a little early and the look on my face is more of my usual outdoors frown. (For some reason, it’s always brighter in the blue room.)
Anyway, in there are:
- a dead fridge;
- two kitchens (the one removed in 2002, and another one even older that we found behind the garden shed when we moved in);
- some stuff from the garden shed that hopefully the skip people will recycle;
- some trees (and their stumps);
- a rusty barbecue;
- lots of convolvulus and wandering willie; some blackberry;
- mega amounts of vegetative crap.
Did I mention the 96 steps all this stuff had to be taken down?