More random points in the absence of anything coherent to say…
- Country people seem to like get up very early. It’s not a good look making morning tea for someone you’ve never met before while attired in your dressing gown. Even if it is only 8am.
- When you are asleep, a possum on the roof at 4am sounds remarkably like a homicidal maniac trying to bash their way into the house.
- For better or worse, few places in New Zealand are more than half an hour from a decent espresso. We’re just 10 minutes away here.
- Those large bones with the honeycomb interior that the digger found are not from a cow.
- As is usual, the girls sleep well. But in between…dogs, donkeys, sheep, calves, lambs, hens, birds, tractors, quad bikes, space, and more space… and their grandparents. In other words, the girls go nuts.