Finally, a decent holiday! Time for some reading at the beach. And between us Becky and I are well tooled up:
- all four of Philip Pullman’s Sally Lockhart books;
- Jung Chang’s apparently controversial biography of Mao;
- China Mieville’s new novel Un-Lun-Dun;
- Demanding the Impossible: A History of Anarchism; and
- Elizabeth Knox’s Dreamhunter and Dreamquake.
Somehow I don’t think, even with two and a half weeks, I’m going to get through them all. I do have at least one other claim on my spare time while away.
Funny how all of these books, apart from the non-fiction ones, are YA. How did that happen?